Sunday 10 June 2012

ROW80 Check-in 10th June 2012

Well my friends, it has been quite a week! Still no niece or nephew yet but my lovely sister has been having a rough time with Braxton Hicks contractions and a really bad back amongst other joyful about to give birth things so I have naturally been spending time with her and trying to make her more comfortable. Hot water bottles were created by angels in my humble opinion. Yes this has made me all a bit...distracted but I don't regret a single second I spent with her rather than writing or doing my reports for work. One of those beautiful moments when you get perspective. With that said though, I haven't done badly.

My goals are:
1) By 11th of June have a finished first draft of my WIP.
2) Test mile - 250 words a day. (1,750 words in a week)
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.

And here is how my week has looked:

Monday
289 words

Tuesday
325 words

Wednesday
313 words

Thursday
332 words

Friday
356 words

I didn't write on Saturday as I went to a wedding. So today I came back to my flat and felt very strange leaving my sister still pregnant and not in a great way so I decided to distract myself. I sat down, wrote 2944 words and only went and FINISHED MY WIP!!!!! What is that I hear you say? I have achieved goal 1 a day early? Splendid!!! I cannot say how amazing if feels after nearly a year of plodding away at this WIP (with some gaps) to actually have a rough (very rough) draft. Thank you to those of you who commented and tweeted me about this goal, as always you guys are great cheerleaders/arse kickers!

I am not 100% sure of my next step however I have lots to type up before I start editing as I have written by hand lately so maybe I will do that over the next couple of weeks. Although you may remember the 11th of June deadline was partly set because my work schedule is about to go insane so I wanted to get The End written before the madness starts! The other reason for this deadline was because it is my blog birthday on Wednesday! One whole year! I don't know where the time has gone but I have loved every part of this crazy blogging experience. Getting the first draft of the WIP wrapped up before my blog birthday seemed like a nice way to round off the first year of my writing life! I might do a special birthday post on Wednesday which I need to give some thought to just to mark the occasion.
In reading news, I am on my third book...no fourth book of this week so I am reading book number 41 of the year so I have made up a tiny bit of ground here. I haven't done my June review but there is plenty of time for that!

So for now I am off to bed but I will catch up with you guys tomorrow and check out your check-ins. I hope you are going full steam ahead as the end of the round creeps closer!


5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! *throws confetti*
    What a great accomplishment!
    And I'll be here Wed to say Happy Blog Birthday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo! FINISHED!! That's so awesome, Em!
    We'll all be anxiously awaiting baby-arrival-news, too. You can't get a much better week than you've had. :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squee!!!!!!!!! So fab being able to write "the end" on the first draft of your WIP. Love it. Check off that goal and put it to bed. :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you could hear my gleeful cheers for your writing accomplishments. Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Em! That's awesome! I'm glad I stopped by just in time to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete