Sunday 3 June 2012

ROW80 Check-in 3rd June 2012

I am happy to say that I have had one of my most productive weeks in weeks maybe months!

First, recap of goals:
1) By 11th of June have a finished first draft of my WIP.
2) Test mile - 250 words a day. (1,750 words in a week)
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.

Here how my week has looked:
Monday
269 words
And I wrote my book review for the month of May which can be seen here so goal 4 met.

Tuesday
254 words

Wednesday
300 words

Thursday
263 words

Saturday
266 words

Sunday
283 words

Total word count for week - 1635

I didn't write on Friday because I packed up for my week off from work and came to stay with my sister and brother in law so I spent the evening with them. She is due her first baby any minute now  (am sure I have mentioned it once or twice!) so I am here for the week. I have felt more like my old self e.g. on Tuesday I had a friend come to stay from work so I knew I wouldn't have time in the evening so I wrote before work. Felt very NaNo!! I haven't made any sprints as work has been mad so I have been getting in later than the sprints start but I love seeing how everyone else has got on.

So am on track for goal 1, only missed one test mile so am doing well with goal 2 and I posted my review for goal 4. Goal 3 has been tricky as I seem to be finding it hard to find time to read which I hate!! I am on book 39 so a bit behind but hopefully I will read lots this week although I have to write a report for each child in my class which will take up lots of time.

What I am really excited by is the fact that I am so close to writing The End! I have one or two scenes to write to end my WIP and I have thought of one I want to write to include earlier but I am getting there. I have written in a linear fashion from start to finish and I think this works best for me so I have learnt something about myself as a writer! I have no idea of the length of my WIP as I have been writing in a notepad so I will have to type those bits up when I have finished before I start editing. Oh yes, and I need to read up on editing at some point. Editing is going to be mammoth as the first 50,000 words are in third person and from then on first person so going to need lots of work. Oh and I should really give it a title. So much to do!!

I hope you have all had great weeks! :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Only a few scenes to go, Em! I'm standing by with champagne and confetti...lol. By next Sunday, we should be hearing some hoots and hollars over here...Ha! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Almost there!
    I did that before, start on third then switch midway hehe Good luck with finishing it and revising ;)
    And yay for the coming baby and for being an aunt! Congratulations!
    Have a great week, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great! Rooting for you from the sidelines :) It's great that you know what works best for you as a writer. For me, I know writing in linear fashion doesn't work for me...I write scenes as they come and I put them together like a puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely week. Staying persistent is the hardest but most useful talent a writer can possess (at least in my relatively humble opinion). You are doing great on that end which is wonderful to see.

    All the best to you and your sister during this very exciting time, Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with that new baby!! And nice job with your writing progress, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about what you HAVE to do, focus on what you HAVE DONE. Well done, you're doing so well. Being that close to THE END must be a massive push to write... if only I was that close (I guess I should be writing the novel rather than other random stuff).
    Good luck to your sister with the baby. Are we allowed to ask for photos (I promise I won't get TOO broody!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! You are almost done and I am so excited for you! And congrats on becoming an aunt (very soon)--it's the best job in the world, in my opinion! :) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete