Wednesday 18 June 2014

Happy 3rd birthday lovely blog!

It shows how crazy the last few weeks have been that after remembering it was my blog's third birthday on Friday 13th June, I promptly forgot again on the actual day! So last Friday I should have posted something but I didn't. So I am going to now!

When I started this blog three years ago I was writing it solely for myself and so I could take part in ROW80 and post my progress. Now it is the place where I was able to share the news that I was joint winner of the Sunlounger 2 short story competition and post this beautiful front cover!


Sunlounger 2 is out this Saturday (21st June) and is packed full of stories from writers I love and admire. I so hope you will buy it and enjoy being whisked off to exotic climes and I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on my story 'In Bruges.' I really am excited people will read it but I am also quite scared!! 

It has been such an exciting time and I changed my twitter name from @emwantstowrite to @EmIsWriting. People have suggested it many times but I have held off thinking that I am a bit of a fraud since I have lots of times I doubt myself and freeze with my writing. But I feel so fresh and motivated with my writing even though the day job is getting in the way at the moment. I was thinking earlier that it is a shame there isn't a CampNaNo this summer so I might think about having my own little camp! Someone needs to remind me off that comment in July!

So this is just a little nod to my blog's birthday and also a shameless promotion for Sunlounger 2. I am so happy and proud to be part of it! I wanted to post this picture of me and my friends on the day I found out I was joint winner of the competition. I love it because we were happy, had had champagne and cake, the sun was shining and I felt on top of the world!! (ps. I am second from the right, rocking the Deirdre Barlow shades! Actually, most of us are!)


So remember, 21st June Sunlounger 2. It will make your summer!!!

E.x

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing day and congratulations! You totally deserve that name change too!

    ReplyDelete