Thursday 16 June 2011

The addiction begins!

Since I started this blog on Monday it has been on my mind constantly. Things I want to post about, blogs I want to make links to, ways I can make it work for me but not bore rigid anyone who might view it. It is so exciting! Bloody terrifying but exciting!

Yesterday I joined Twitter to hopefully get to know other writers...wait a minute does that mean I think of myself as a writer? Deep breath. Today I have signed up for ROW 80 which starts on the 4th of July. Two big steps for me but I am so glad I have taken them. Then I went onto my blog and someone (Lauren) has found my blog and left a lovely comment. Then I went on to the stats page and found it has been viewed in America and Germany. WOW! That to me is incredible.

It is amazing how motivated I am now. I can hardly start a blog and then say a bit later 'sorry, couldn't be bothered to sit down and actually write something to talk about on here so I will go now bye' can I?

So I have some plans in motion, ROW 80 being one of them as I love reading Kait Nolan's and Newtowritinggirl's updates on how well they are doing and I hope to look around the ROW 80 blogs for more motivation and inspiration.

Off to look at some blogs!

ps. I had to change the setting so it didn't count my own views of my blog in the number of views. Obsessively checking for comments is normal right?

2 comments:

  1. Obsessively checking for comment, and number of views is perfectly natural. ROW80 is going to be great for you right now because it's such a friendly community and loads of people visit & comment.
    You're doing really well blogging so much. Sorry I'm not visiting as much as I'd like, I just don't seem to have enough time to do things like that. I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand, I am definately going to have to work out some kind of routine else I may blog but not write more than a post!

    ReplyDelete