Sunday 2 October 2011

ROW80 Round 4 Goals 2nd October

I know round 4 of ROW80 officially starts tomorrow but in keeping with my wed/sun posts I thought I would post my goals today.

I am going to keep it simple but hopefully effective to help myself get into the flow of things after nearly a month of no writing....can't believe it has been that long.

October Goals:
Goal 1 - 30 minutes a day of preparation for NaNo. This can be research, plotting, developing characters, anything to help me prepare for November and my first attempt at writing a murder mystery.

Goal 2 - Check-in every Wednesday and Sunday. I need this to keep me motivated and I love the support I get from others and the motivation I get from reading others check-ins.

From November 1st:
Goal 1 - Write 1,666 words a day as part of NaNo. I know this will be hard some days so will slot in a weekly word count goal - 11, 662 to help me try and stay on track. Wow that looks like a lot! I am not going to put a time goal on this but if I write at the speed I did in the summer it will be an hour to an hour a half a day. Eeek!

Goal 2 - Check-in every Wednesday and Sunday

Simple but effective. October is to prepare, November is to write.

I look forward to seeing everyone elses goals! Here we go....

8 comments:

  1. Good goals.
    I don't want to be negative, but if you're anything like me, you may find it hard to get 2 blows a week in during NaNo. Only saying it to also say, don't be hard on yourself if you can't manage it, 1667 words a day is a lot with a life going on too, blogging too is even harder.
    As you know I'm in again this round, so see you at the next check in, and hopefully the Twitter party on Wed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike. I also posted my goals for Round 4. Your goals are vert steep. I'll be here to cheer you on!

    And see you at the Twitter party on Wed.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! Although it's a lot, you've kept it simple. I normally don't have specific word counts for ROW80, but I think I'm going to this time around. Can't wait to see your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals! I look forward getting to know you in round 4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there!

    Lots of people using #ROW80 for NaNoWriMo, which is great. Two challenges at once!

    See you around =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your goals and NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em, You're aiming high...I love it! Good luck with NaNoWriMo! I've never tried it, but I keep hearing about it. Maybe one day I'll be ready to join. I can't wait to hear how you're moving along. ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck and have fun! NaNo is a tough challenge.

    ReplyDelete