Wednesday 21 December 2011

ROW 80 check-in 21st December Wrapping up the year!

It has been a great year in terms of my writing. I feel I have achieved so much mainly because I actually have been writing! I started my blog in June and in the six months I have been blogging and writing I have learnt so much and written....80,000+ words on various projects. Not bad for half a year!

I took part in Round 3 and 4 of ROW 80 although round 4 didn't go quite to plan. Me and my boyfriend broke up at the start of September and while we sorted things out (which took the best part of 3 months) I didn't want to say what had happened. I think I thinly veiled it as 'something in my personal life' that put me off chick-lit and most of you probably guessed what was going on. We are going our separate ways which makes me sad but at least I know where I stand.

The reason I bring this up is I am looking forward. New year, new start and all that. New goals for writing and life in general. It has been a sad few months but I now know where I stand and I hope me and him can remain friends in some form. In the meantime I will make my goals and decide what I want from 2012. It is scary to be making decisions by myself again but in a way it is liberating.

Here is to a happy, healthy 2012! Merry Christmas everyone :)

7 comments:

  1. Ah, Em, *hugs*
    We'll be here to cheer you up and support you through the next round ;)
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, given all the twists and turns of the past year, I'd say you have a lot to be proud of! You've accomplished so much, and I'm delighted to have spent the past two rounds of ROW80 with you - and to have tackled and won NaNo together. Have a wonderful holiday, and I'll see you in the new year for more writing fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And through all of that you pulled off NaNo, see now I'm even more inspired by you, Em. I'm truly grateful to have met you and while I know how difficult relationships can be on us at times I can see the resilance of your spirit and know that the coming year will be a fantastic one for you.

    Be well, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Juliana, Lena and Gene. Your moments are lovely and made me well up. This too shall pass....am keeping that in mind and trying to look at the positives.

    Merry Christmas everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for looking forward in the New Year! Time to take a deep breath and gather it back in when we ROW in 2012! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought that was probably the 'personal' thing you were going through - I had exactly the same last year :-( It would have been great if u had have been coming to London in November - you could have come to some NaNo events! I kept wanting to ask you, but didnt want to upset you if that was the thing!
    I truly believe everything happens for a reason, so you just need to find your reason.
    You have a great Outlook for next year, and even though you say I inspired you to do several things... you continually inspire me to get down to it!
    Hope 2012 is great for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You accomplished quite a bit and things can only go up from here. Wishing you a fantastic, happy 2012 and inspired writing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete