Wednesday 22 February 2012

ROW80 Check-in 22nd February 2012

Well this week hasn't started off quite as I expected. Fresh from a successful week last week I started Monday full of gusto but then personal things happened that left me a bit frazzled so I missed the Monday night sprint and didn't do any writing. I won't go into details here but will pop my experiences in the ideas folder in my mind that I can draw from when writing about the aftermath of a break up. That sounds dramatic! I am fine really, I have good friends and time is a great healer or so I hear!

Anyway, onto more positive things:

Tuesday
812 words in first half of #row80 sprint
23 pages read in second half

Wednesday
742 words in 30 mins (I was home early from work so did this before sprint)
32 pages read in 30 mins of sprint (other half was spent on the phone to my mum!)

So I feel back on track. Thank you so, so much for all the helpful comments last check-in regarding showing not telling. It is amazing how supportive everyone is and the examples were great! I won't be scared to ask what I consider to be a daft question again! Hope everyone's weeks are going well, am ff to check out some check-ins!

6 comments:

  1. I can relate to life getting in the way of writing. Sometimes your brain just cannot clear out the thoughts and focus on the story. Hope all is going better for you now and that you have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to keep your chin up! It gets better:) Proud of you for writing through it the following two days!
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days I swear we get thrown those curve balls to keep us humble and balanced. I'm sorry that your week didn't start right but your positive attitude and strength shine through, and it sounds like you have a great support system. *hugs* Keep on doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're back on track, all right. Missing one day isn't bad when life throws a curve ball - and every experience is fodder for those stories growing up in your brain. Good luck with the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just keep in mind that this is great 'fodder' for later novels...haha. That's the right attitude. Sending a hug your way - ((()))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl - I haven't seen you post - just checking in and seeing what you're up to. How things are. Basically giving you a nudge and stuff :)

    Miss you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete