My goals are:
1) Until 1st August Spend 30 minutes at least a day on preparing for my new WIP.
3) Two ROW80 check-ins a week no matter how short but sweet they are.
4) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
5) Review one book a month.
The last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind as the CampNaNo prep has consumed most of my thoughts. I spent about 3 hours on Monday working on plot, characters, trying desperately to decide on a POV and making my WIP notebook which contains all the information I need. I hope!
I am checking in so goal 3 is underway and I have reviewed The Gathering Dark by Leigh Bardugo which can be found here so goal 5 is completed this month!
Now with CampNaNo starting today a goal change is needed. The aim is to write 50,000 words in the month of August which works out at 1,613 words a day. My goals therefore are now:
1) Write atleast 1,613 words a day on new WIP for CampNaNo.
2) Two ROW80 check-ins a week no matter how short but sweet they are.
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.
Today I have written 2,054 words which is lovely because already it means I am slightly ahead which hopefully will give me some leeway later in the month when I go on holiday. I really struggled to start today. I actually felt oddly queasy! I am not sure why as I have planned as much as I could but I guess taking that first step is hard. I am going to just try and write and not analyse or edit as the most important thing is to get my words down. I have decided to write from a first person point of view, let's hope I don't decide to change POV halfway through!
Hope you are having a great week and I look forward to checking out some check-in later :)