Wednesday 29 August 2012

ROW80 Check-in 29th August 2012

I am writing this while watching the Paralympics opening ceremony so apologies for any mistakes as one eye is on the television!!

This week has been less eventful than last week as I haven't been travelling and sleeping on friend's floors so writing has been smoother, except for today but more of that in a moment.

Here are my goals:
1) Write at least 1,613 words a day on new WIP for CampNaNo.
2) Two ROW80 check-ins a week no matter how short but sweet they are.

3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.

So I don't get confused will just work down the list.

Goal 1
Monday - 1,697 words
Tuesday - 1,499 words
Wednesday - 1,948 words

Total CampNaNo word count so far - 47,093 words!!

My word count for today shocks me as I have been plodding away for hours and not really watching my overall word count. The last two days the words have just poured out without any real effort on my part or so it has felt. And then today it has felt hard. Not impossible but hard. But I got there! And with two days left of CampNaNo and less than 3,000 words to write I feel good! My book is nowhere near done but chicklit books are usually between 80k and 120k so I will plod on after CampNaNo is over. I can hand on heart say I would not have written half as much without the motivation of completing camp once I said I was going to do it!

So I guess from the first of September I need to look at goal 1 and adapt it. Or maybe not? I want to take part in NaNoWriMo this November so I need to get this book finished by maybe mid October so I have NaNo preparation time. How am I even thinking about November when I haven't finished camp??!!  So next two days, write 3000 words atleast and then I will have won CampNaNo!!

Goal 2
Halfway done and see no reason why I won't check-in on Sunday.

Goal 3
I have read two books so far this week and am on book 63 of the year.

Goal 4
I haven't done this but I know which book I am going to review and intend to do this tomorrow. After checking out some check-ins I might make some notes to get started.

So that is that. A successful few days and it feels so good to be close to achieving the goal of 50,000 words for August. I hope you have all had wonderful weeks and I hope the next few days are our most productive yet!!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome progress report! Those are some great word counts--congratulations! Isn't it weird how much we can get done even if it feels like we're going really slowly and plodding along? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, Em! You're almost there! You're so gonna hit 50k words and win CampNano!
    Woot! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. My opening paragraph for tonight's blog was pretty much word for word the same as yours!

    Your word count this week is awesome. I knew you could do it. Keep going. For the next 2 days, and the next few months to get it finished. I always have toruble carrying on after NaNo, so hope you do better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for NaNo! Especially for winning NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great!! Soooo close! I know today was a little more difficult, but there are only two more days and then you get to take a break. I know you'll get there. So exciting to hear you talking about November already :D A smell a fantasy cooking...

    ReplyDelete