I can't believe this is the final check-in of Round 3 of ROW 80! It has been such a great 80 days with highs (and lows) and I have learnt so much. Here is a recap of my goals.
* Complete the weekly Fiction Friday prompts from http://wa.emergent-publishing.com/ (on 'our writing prompts' page).
* Spend 30 minutes a day on writing or writing related activities (e.g. planning, researching, revising). So in a week I am aiming for 3 and a half hours of dedicated time. If I miss a day I will try and make up that 30 mins elsewhere in the week.
* Post ROW80 check-ins on Sunday and Wednesdays and also one additional post a week. So three posts a week.
*Goal added in week 5 - Exercise atleast two times a week.
When I look at my geeky tracker I realised for the first 9 weeks of the round I achieved all my goals with the exception of a fail for my exercise goal in week 7. I am so proud of myself for achieving all my goals for the first 9 weeks even though these last three weeks have been terrible in terms of progress.
Even though my personal life threw me a curve ball in week 10 which saw my writing stop dead I am not going to focus on that but I am going to focus on the brilliant, happy things that have happened.
* I have written drafts of two children's stories which I hope I will return to at some point.
* I have written 33,141 words of my chick lit WIP that I WILL return to once I feel in the chick lit frame of mind.
* I have made many online writing friends who cheer me on and look out for me when things are tough.
* I have found the confidence to sign up for NaNo in November.
* I have shared my desire to write with some people close to me.
* I have found time in my day to day life to write and have started to take my writing seriously.
* I have recieved 3 blog awards.
* I HAVE ACTUALLY WRITTEN SOMETHING!!!
I will most certainly be around for Round 4 and my time between now and the 3rd of October will be spent deciding on goals and hopefully making some headway in my NaNo murder mystery plotting. I plan to post small posts (famous last words!) on Wednesdays and Sundays as it is habit for me now so please stop by if you want to know what I am up to!
Also it is in these posts that I will share any NaNo build up/panic and Lena and I will hopefully have some news about a NaNo support group for ROW80ers soon too!
Thank you to everyone who has read, commented, tweeted a friendly word and I look forward to seeing you in Round 4!