I managed two other walks (when usually I would have driven) so my exercise goal is met.
After this is posted I will have completed my three posts this week. My post yesterday was simply called Fear and thank you to the people who have left brilliant comments. I feel I am not alone!!
The Write Anything Fiction Friday was to write a scene of pure dialogue, no attributions, narration, description or scene setting. It was so, so hard but interesting to have a go at.
I set myself the goal of reaching 30,000 words before I had to go back to work on Friday. I had 1794 words to go and on Thursday I wrote for an hour and managed 1,937 words taking my WIP total to 30,143 words! I felt AMAZING after achieving this mini-goal. I realised that I started writing my WIP on the 28th of July so in 36 days I had written 30,143 words. I am thrilled with this but very aware that I did this during my Summer holidays. NaNo will be more words and I will be trying to fit them around work but I am looking forward to the challenge!
On Saturday I wrote for 40 minutes and managed 989 words and today I wrote for just over an hour and managed 2009 words. So my WIP now stands at 33,141 words! Plan for the coming week is to keep writing. I am really enjoying my writing and I have been reading some chick-lit recently (the genre I am writing) and I have found the words are flowing easier than when I was reading other books over the summer. Not sure if this is just coincidence!
Lovely news this week is that Jamila and Marie both awarded me the Liebster blog award. I felt so happy to get an award and to get it from two people was somewhat overwhelming!
- Show your appreciation to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the camaraderie of the most supportive people on the internet—other writers.
- And best of all—have bloggity fun and spread the love.
Jamila can be found at http://jamilajamison.wordpress.com/ and @jamilajamison
Marie can be found at http://marieandrewsauthor.blogspot.com/ and @Marie_Andrews
Stop by and check them out if you haven't already. They are fun and inspiring and constantly encouraging and supportive. Thank you ladies!
So now for my picks. Jamila and Marie would be on my list but in the spirit of paying things forward and spreading the liebster love further they get an honourable mention and I will pick 5 different bloggers to pass the award on to.
1) @laurengarafalo http://www.laurengarafalo.com/
2) @Newtowritinggirl http://newtowritinggirl.wordpress.com/
3) @Tia_Bach_Author http://depressioncookies.blogspot.com/
4) @PT_Writer http://talesfromthewriterslaptop.blogspot.com/
5) @NicoleBasaraba http://universecityblog.wordpress.com/
I hope everyone has had a great week and the next week is even better!