Sunday 4 September 2011

ROW 80 Check-in 4th September

This week all goals completed!

I managed two other walks (when usually I would have driven) so my exercise goal is met.

After this is posted I will have completed my three posts this week. My post yesterday was simply called Fear and thank you to the people who have left brilliant comments. I feel I am not alone!!

The Write Anything Fiction Friday was to write a scene of pure dialogue, no attributions, narration, description or scene setting. It was so, so hard but interesting to have a go at.

I set myself the goal of reaching 30,000 words before I had to go back to work on Friday. I had 1794 words to go and on Thursday I wrote for an hour and managed 1,937 words taking my WIP total to 30,143 words! I felt AMAZING after achieving this mini-goal. I realised that I started writing my WIP on the 28th of July so in 36 days I had written 30,143 words. I am thrilled with this but very aware that I did this during my Summer holidays. NaNo will be more words and I will be trying to fit them around work but I am looking forward to the challenge!

On Saturday I wrote for 40 minutes and managed 989 words and today I wrote for just over an hour and managed 2009 words. So my WIP now stands at 33,141 words! Plan for the coming week is to keep writing. I am really enjoying my writing and I have been reading some chick-lit recently (the genre I am writing) and I have found the words are flowing easier than when I was reading other books over the summer. Not sure if this is just coincidence!

Lovely news this week is that Jamila and Marie both awarded me the Liebster blog award. I felt so happy to get an award and to get it from two people was somewhat overwhelming! 




THE RULES:
  1. Show your appreciation to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  3. Post the award on your blog.
  4. Bask in the camaraderie of the most supportive people on the internet—other writers.
  5. And best of all—have bloggity fun and spread the love.
Ok. First job is to link back to Jamila and Marie.
Jamila can be found at http://jamilajamison.wordpress.com/ and @jamilajamison
Marie can be found at http://marieandrewsauthor.blogspot.com/ and @Marie_Andrews

Stop by and check them out if you haven't already. They are fun and inspiring and constantly encouraging and supportive. Thank you ladies!

So now for my picks. Jamila and Marie would be on my list but in the spirit of paying things forward and spreading the liebster love further they get an honourable mention and I will pick 5 different bloggers to pass the award on to.

1) @laurengarafalo http://www.laurengarafalo.com/

2) @Newtowritinggirl http://newtowritinggirl.wordpress.com/

3) @Tia_Bach_Author http://depressioncookies.blogspot.com/

4) @PT_Writer  http://talesfromthewriterslaptop.blogspot.com/

5) @NicoleBasaraba http://universecityblog.wordpress.com/

I hope everyone has had a great week and the next week is even better!

19 comments:

  1. Em ~
    33K and counting... not too shabby at all! You broke the goal. Congrats.
    I've noticed that I have to be careful in what I'm reading when I write - otherwise, I think the tone of my reading can seep into my writing. Hmmm... no Gothic for me when I'm writing contemporary...it's not a good mix. Ha! Have a great week ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nadja! I just realised my writing had become more light-hearted which is what I wanted so will stick to the chick-lit for now! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well damn Em, you make me look really really bad. I started my WIP in March 2010 and I have 36,000 words. You're killing it!!! Since we are both in the same genre we should be critique partners when the time comes. :)

    And thank you SO much for my first blogger award! I will cherish it and pass it on to other bloggers on Tuesday. (I have a blog scheduled for tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bear in mind I haven't been at work for 5 and a half weeks! Don't expect the same word counts when I am work. Except for NaNo hopefully! Critique partners sounds great, it is a long way away for me but something to look forward to!

    Glad you like the award, I was so touched to get it! Enjoy passing it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome and inspiring, Em! Yes, you had time "off" but you were definitely "on" during it. Best of luck with NaNo, I look forward to being here to cheer you on.

    Congrats to you and all the others that won the Liebster over this past week. It is wonderful to see how supportive we writers are of our fellow travelers. There are few others on the road like us.

    Have a great week, Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok at least you make me feel better.I was thinking to try NaNo too, but I think one of the rules is that you have to start with something new and I want to finish this one first. But maybe I could join on the sidelines or something. Like unofficially. Yeah, my WIP won't be done for ages but like you said we could keep each other in check and then be there to critique in the end. :)

    I am also very honored to get the award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All goals completed??? Awesome! You are definitely rocking. Good up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress this week. I love writing dialogue, and often have to go back and fill in description. Funny.

    Thanks so much for the award. I truly appreciate it. I'll post about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work on the goals! I bet you can do NaNo, no problem. And your blog posts are always enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the goal! 30k a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm cyberly jumping up and down with you in excitement for reaching and surpassing your goals!!! Way to go Em :) WOO HOO!! So very proud of you. You've got incredible dedication and perseverance. Super impressed! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful progress on the WIP! Congrats. That dialogue challenge sounds tough and interesting. Good for you! Best wishes on the ROW80!

    ReplyDelete
  13. well done girl - great news - being free all day does help the word counts - but sure you will manage NaNo just fine - I'm trying it got the first time this year so we can cheer each other on - all the best for this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agh, don't you hate it when you write a comment and it disappears into cyberspace....

    Firstly, I know I congratulated you on Twitter, but you deserve more - CONGRATULATIONS on not just 30k, but 33k. I can't believe how much you've achieved in the last few months. You put a lot of the rest of us to shame (yes, I'm talking me here!).

    Secondly, thank you so so much for the award. I don't feel like I deserve it right now, because my blogging is so erratic, and my visiting of blogs is terrible! I hope getting this will push me to get better at both. Thanks again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on breaking your goal!!! And I did read your Fear post and I thought it was great (I needed to read it). Good luck this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on meeting and exceeding! I know that feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you everyone! Am really feeling the ROW80 love at the moment!

    Newtowritinggirl - you very much deserve it as it was you who really spurred me on to start a blog, join ROW 80, sign up for NaNo and even sign up to twitter! Where would I be without you?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SO happy to see that you have come so far with your WIP this round! Such wonderful news - you've been working so hard. Thanks so much for the supportive comments on my Sunday post. :D

    Hope your week has gone well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Em! Just checking in....haven't seen you on the linky-list yet for this check-in...hope you're pounding out the words! I'll stop back later...
    Thank you for the wonderful comment on my flash-fiction. Really. ~Nadja

    ReplyDelete